It’s almost May. Can you even believe it? I only have like five weeks of school left. That, I can’t even comprehend.
The seniors at school are feeling unmotivated, and I am feeling unmotivated as well. I just can’t seem to find a way to complete all of my work.
So, to keep the streak of procrastination alive, I will just share a random smattering of facts about myself. Use them as you wish.
1. I am afraid to sing in front of others. When Danny and I went on our first date, we checked out a Keane cd from the library, and he wanted us to sing to it together. So, he turned it up loud, and I sang along really softly. He actually shut off the music suddenly, just to see if he could hear what my singing voice sounded like. I was embarrassed.
2. If I could, I would sleep with my childhood blanket.
3. When I am really stressed, I start decorating and redecorating in my mind. It soothes me.
4. Last week, when we had an open house for school, I hid behind Danny and read a book from the series, “Dear America.” I loved those books when I was in fifth and sixth grade. So, reading them during a stressful time at school was really fun.
5. If I could, I would eat pasta salad for every single meal.
6. When I was a little girl, I used to play “Designing Women” (like the television show) and set up a desk and put my purse in one of the drawers.
7. I really want to have a dollhouse that I could decorate and play with at home. Is that weird for a 25 year old to say?
8. Last night, I had a dream that I was trying to find a bathroom, and the only one that I could find was in a restaurant booth, wedged in between two people eating dinner. It didn’t have a door or anything—it was a just a seat with a hole in it. How would you interpret that dream?
9. I told Danny that I want a bumper sticker that says, “I’d rather be cross-stitching.”
10. I think the secret to a happy home lies in fall scented candles and throw blankets.
There you have it. That’s me in a nutshell.