I saw a little tutorial for a love note mailbox in a blog I read called Natalie Creates. I thought it was adorable, so when we went to Target today (time for truth, I had to wear Danny’s deodorant for three days because we had after school meetings and could not stop at the store), I picked up this tin mailbox from the dollar bin. Danny has already found a love note in there—I thinking this is going to be really fun.
Guys, I am feeling incredibly old these days. Here are some reasons.
1. I have said, “Kids weren’t like this when I was young” at least five times this week.
2. My celebrity crush is Bradley Whitford. He’s as old as my parents—that can’t be a good sign.
3. I fell asleep last night, and I have no recollection of even closing my eyes. One minute, I was enjoying an episode of Pushing Daisies, the next minute, it’s 3 in the morning, and I have no idea where I am.
4. I can’t muster up the energy to leave my house on a Friday night. Danny and I were going to see a movie tonight, but once we got home from school, we both slipped on our comfy pants, and the rest was history.
5. I have to warm up my heating pad, just to get my neck muscles relaxed enough to allow my shoulders to stop touching my ears.
6. My nose keeps dripping, so I keep a handy supply of tissues stuffed up my housecoat sleeve.
7. I am thinking about making a cross stitch of The Golden Girls.
I mean, seriously, everyone. What’s wrong with me? I need to reclaim some of my youth. That’s it, you guys have convinced me. I’m going to pierce my nose and get a face tattoo tomorrow. I’ll let you see the design when it’s finished.